9.02.2008

All good things must come to end...

...and this includes summer. I LOVE summer and there is no doubt that 3 or even 2 1/2 measly months is no where near long enough. Hence, my-

"Ode to Summer":
Sprawled on the grass on our backs, cloud gazing with my Ky-ky, where we see dragons, bunnies, cars, you name it. Watching his imagination come to life.
Popsicles in the shade of our big walnut tree. Tommy gets the leftovers.
Camping, getting away from everyday life with my family to see the beauty that surrounds us.
Noah's pudgy knees in shorts.
The hammock, life chats, swinging, reading, snuggling, more popsicles.
My favorite, warm evenings outside on the porch, where ever.
Sunlight late at night. No more 6pm curfews.
Summer, we shall miss thee.




9 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh I totally agree whith everything you said. It deffinatly isnt long enough, but I personally love Fall too. But not when it is short.

Mike Ryan said...

Well I guess if you are in Utah that is true. We Arizona people get to enjoy it for a month to a month and 1/2 more. I hate how it goes too fast! That picture of Noah is soo cute!

Mike and Meg said...

Sorry Erin I was under Mikes name.

Kerri said...

WHAT ! I am so ready for summer to be over. Bring on fall.

Erin said...

Actually, Fall is my favorite season but it is too darn short in Utah and tells me that winter is just around the corner.

Cyd said...

Cute picture and Ode to Summer.

Aubrey said...

Ok, so this post is in reply to your question about changing the URL. So you go into your settings button, then publishing, then their is a section that says Blog spot address. That is where you can change it. Make sure you save it. But either you have to post on your blog that you are going to change it. Or what I did was created another blog for my old URL, and just put a simple explation of how to go to the new one. Does that make any sense. If not call me. Or email me.

The Bronson Bunch said...

Ok I love what you did with your pictures! How did you do that? Way cool! I agree, summer has gone by too fast, though I do enjoy fall. It just means winter is that much closer!!!

Alicia said...

Way cute post!!