10.26.2008

Disneyland

Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland. What a sweet, fulfilling, "everything I ever imagined and more" trip. Too cheesy? Nah. Just true. After two years in the works and of inundating Kyle with tons of Mickey/Disney movies, we finally made it. It was so worth the wait too. We did more than Disneyland of course. We went to Seaworld, the beach, the Wild Animal Park and just got to do a lot of hanging out together as family. We went with my parents and my 3 sisters and their families as well and you know what, not as chaotic as I thought! So this trip was more than just Disneyland but dang, it was definitely the highlight for me. You will notice the giant grin on my face in the first picture with Mickey. Yeah, I pretty much acted like one of the kids when I first saw him and RAN to greet him. Kyle was so awed by it all too and this is what I loved the most.


Yay! Love Mickey!! Noah's just interested in his stylin' hat.

Kyle and Papa enjoying some chilly waves.

It took a little coaxing but in the end Kyle loved the ocean.


Kyle and Ellie waiting, waiting, waiting. D-land said they opened for early birds at 7am but it turned out they posted the times WRONG and to make a long story short we arrived 2 hours EARLY!! Kyle said at this point "I want to go to a different Disneyland!"


Morgan, Rachel, Olivia, Kyle, Julia, Anna. Who's the dog in the back?


As you can see Kyle JUST met the 40" mark meaning he was able to go on most of the rides which he did! Lucky boy!


Kyle thought Buzz was pretty cool and loved the Buzz ride. In fact, I think we went on it about 5 times.

Kyle's first Disney ride experience "Nemo" and as you can see he is mesmerised.




Nana and Papa really got a kick out of Kyle's piloting abilities with Dumbo. Up really fast, then down really fast.

Relaxing train ride around the park with family.


End of day #1. Our boys were seriously perfect that day.


Ahhhhh, time to pull up a nice, comfy...shoulder. Thanks, Daddy.


Noah now has own special word for rides and that is "wee" (as in the expression one makes while riding rides). He loved every ride he was able to go on. In this picture he tried to climb the fence to ride with daddy and Kyle while crying "Weeee!"


Kyle and Will on Kyle's "favorite ride", "Winnie the Pooh".


Classic teacup ride pic.



Oceanside, CA- This is where one of our condos was located. Thanks Cyd and Eric!!


Noah wanted nothing to do with Minnie. Kyle got snuggly though. :)


One of the D-land highlights for Kyle. "Lightming NaQueen"!



Noah liked being a big boy and riding by himself.


I was so impressed that Kyle was willing to touch and actually loved these starfish at Seaworld.


Monkeying around at the Wild Animal Park.

Well, its pretty obvious after seeing my mass of pics what part we enjoyed the most. Having said that though, the entire trip was awesome. I planned on being burnt out everyday due to ornery kids and tons of waiting in lines but I was wrong. My kids did really well considering naps were few and far between.
Anyone have any suggestions as to where to plan our next trip? I'm ready to get another planned!

7 comments:

The Bronson Bunch said...

Um, how about going back to Disneland!! I absolutely LOVE that place! I hope we can go in the next couple of years again!
It looks like you guys had a BLAST!

Nichole said...

I wish I could have been there to see all the kids excitement!! I especially LOVE the picture of Kyle on the Nemo ride...he is so sweet!

Cyd said...

That is an especially cute picture of Kyle on the Nemo ride. It really was a great trip! If you hadn't posted your pictures yet, I was going to call you again to give you crap. I might have to call Mary.

I'm trying to decide where to next as well. I love getting out of town!

P Crowd said...

oh I love disneyland... how fun!! I am so jealous! Of course I was only there about a month ago so who I am I to complain! I am glad you guys had fun! I can't wait till we have kids to take to disneyland!! =)

Unknown said...

I am loving that I can come to the blogs and keep updated on the happenings of my UTAH family!! Wish I could see you guys more.

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED - I know you have done this before, so hopefully these are new questions.

Mike and Meg said...

It sounds like a terrific time. I can't wait! Your boys are so big! Disneyland is one of the happiest places on earth!

Jen-ben said...

Hey we were there around that time too!!! I wonder if were there at the same time...how funny! You guys are look fab!