11.19.2008

NKOTB...



Don't know what the above title stands for? Well, then you must not be a 30 something female who rocked out to New Kids on the Block concert 18 some odd year ago. And for those of you that also don't know, the New Kids are BACK. So of course this meant that me and my g-friends HAD to see them again. And see them we did! As soon as we heard they were going to be in town we forked out *gulp* $80 bucks with nary a blink. (Our nostalgic sensitivities were totally taken advantage of.) We HAD to be there. "We" includes me and my girls that go way back to Jr. High- Kerri, Jessica, Brianna (cousin too) and also Kerri's cool friend, Shannon. We waited a whole 5 months and when it finally came we were like a bunch of giddy little 12 year olds. When the boys came out the place erupted, the 5 of us doing our part to make sure the New Kids knew the girls were in house. These are pics of the girls just as NKOTB came out. They all looked a little flushed, wouldn't you say??? (Plz, don't kill me, B!)

So after some 2 1/2 hours of SCREAMING, singing and groovin', this 30 year old was spent. Funny because I don't remember feeling this way 18 YEARS AGO. Wow, I feel old. Ahh well. The boys are still older than me.... tee hee hee. Come to think of it, I don't remember a whole heck of a lot from the 1990 Marriott Center concert. Pretty much the only thing I remember is Jordan's open shirt blowing in the breeze....he was my favorite! Goll. What do you expect!


It was a fabulous night with my friends and one that I shan't forget (I hope. :) ) anytime soon. I wish my baby sister could have been there with me as she was the one that was with me during the concert and laughed when I had to sit down for fear of fainting. (I'll never live that one down)



9 comments:

Brianna said...

Yeah thanks for that second pic of me with my horse teeth and double chin.... 'preciate it...... =)

The Bronson Bunch said...

You almost fainted!? That is funny! I wouldn't let you live it down either!

Anonymous said...

Erin! I had no idea!! That is so freaking hilarious! I hope someday 'N Sync gets back together so I can do the same thing. LOL

RaeLynn said...

hahaha--I love it. That's funny. I think I just missed the huge craze of NKOTB. OR I was listening to classical music and writing sonnets in the basement.

Erin said...

I've never got that kind of reaction from my wife when I take my shirt off.

ADAM

Mike and Meg said...

You kill me! I am glad you and your girlfriends had a great night. I think we all need to remember how young we still are!

Warners said...

Your are a dork

Brianna said...

Adam the trick is you have to find a breeze so your shirt will kind of sexily flap around your body. Its all about the presentation...... Im sure it takes practice. =)

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Hey it's Elder Tad Hansen. I cannot believe you went to a new kids on the block concert. Too funny. So how is life since I last talked to you? If you want to e-mail me here is my address:
tadu2@juno.com
Later

Tad