2.22.2009

Fine Jewelry?

I have never felt so officially white trash as I did the night Adam and I bought a wedding ring at *a-hem* Wal-mart. It was so romantic... This was to replace the one Adam lost about a year and a half ago. He lost his nice, expensive wedding ring that had the inscription "I love you, Baby 9-27-02" to the *gulp* bottom of Palisades Lake. It still makes me sick to think about it. But as much as I didn't like him living life ringless I didn't want him buying some cheap-o ring from...like...Wal-mart. So what do we do? Yep, you guessed it. There it was, gleaming underneath the bright, flourescent lights. It was a mere $38 bucks, resembled his previous ring AND came with a fancy card board box. How could we resist? We snickered through the entire purchase while trying not offend the lovely employee assisting us.
It had been so long since I had seen a ring on his finger and I was tired of him always being hit on at the bars we frequent...kidding. I'm so happy to have a husband that is so un-snobbish and easy to please despite his extreme distaste for good old "Wally's".

9 comments:

Scott, Melissa, Ethan and Emma said...

I love it!

Cyd said...

That's funny. It looks really good in the picture.

RaeLynn said...

I won't judge you because I had to do the exact same thing while my wedding ring was being resized last year!!

Mike and Meg said...

I'll bet no one would have known that is was a Wal-mart ring. Thankfully you didn't lose yours.

The Bronson Bunch said...

I doubt anyone would ever realize where the ring came from. Besides it looks like a really nice ring.

Kerri said...

I hope it does not turn his finger green. :)

Erin said...

LOL Kerri!

Anderson Family said...

This made me laugh. It does look pretty good.

Warners said...

If it makes you feel any better my father-in-law lost his ring and so he found a nut to a large bolt and ground of the sqaure edges so it looks round. His wife didn't notice for like a year.