As usual, Christmas came with much anticipation this year. With Kyle taking in every detail and Noah still trying to figure it all out. Kyle loved all the decorations including the lights on the house. Whenever we drove by a house that didn't have much if any decoration, Kyle would always show concern and say they must not be very excited for Christmas. And was therefore always insistent that our outside lights were on without fail.

We tried something new and went sledding on Christmas Eve. It was really fun especially since we didn't have to go far- just a near by elementary. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and warm. The boys were very excited to go so we expected the same reaction we got last year- from Kyle "Evil Kenevil Jr." in particular. No crazy, catching-air Kyle this year. He was pretty cautious and would only do the smaller hill.


This was the Year of the Bat at the Shiflett home. Santa made sure the boys were all set with Batman paraphernalia. This was Kyle's ultimate wish and so it was Noah's as well. Noah couldn't stop playing with the Bat Cave to open his other presents. When ever we brought him a present to open it he would pull one hand away from the bat cave to open it, never taking his other hand or eyes off the cave. (Like I said, he's still getting Christmas figured out.)



Christmas Day was spent, as usual, going to Nana and Papa's and then Grandma and Grandpa's. They both got very nice gifts from their Grandparents and the cousins that drew their names. Adam and I had decided that were NOT going to buy for each other this year and of course, ONE of us had to break the rules and it wasn't me. Adam spoiled me not having spent a dime. He used his AMEX points to buy my gifts, a Kitchen Aid mixer (to replace the one he blew up) and a Melting Pot gift card to name a few. He is really in trouble for one gift though (because he spent money on it). He got me InDesign, an Adobe design program so I can print my blog book (thanks Paul for the discount). I guess I can forgive him just this once.
Misc. Christmas Fun


Deaf Center Christmas Party
Gingerbread house including scary red-eyed snowman
Popcorn stringing with our new, exciting air popper. I had to post this pic because of the utter joy on Noah's face.

2 comments:
Noah's got himself some very rosy cheeks! I'm glad you FINALLY posted some Christmas pictures. Geez.
I still haven't posted my christmas stuff.
Your boys are the cutest, can't wait to see how the girl fits into all of this!
Post a Comment