It has been a solid 14 years since high school and a lot has happened. My plan was to get a nursing degree, get married and have some babies. Some things have worked out as planned. Some not.
Here is what did happen:
When I graduated from West Jordan High, I started at SLCC ( Salt Lake Community College) in Fall to start on generals for nursing. I messed around, dated a little, changed my mind about nursing, and went to a lot of dances with my older sister, Cyd.
As the age of 21 quickly approached and after a lot soul searching and pondering, I decided that on a mission was where I wanted to be. I spent 18 months teaching the people in the Southern most part of England (England London South). What an experience (We'll save that for another Monday).

When I got home I went back to SLCC, joined "Sounding Joy" (an Institute choir), had A LOT of fun and met a really sexy guy who, lucky for me, is now my husband. I finally got my associates in English a month before Kyle was born (phew!).

Sounding Joy before the "sexy guy" joined.
(Picture stolen from RaeLynn :)
So yeah, I don't have nursing degree (still would like one) but I was married to the man of my dreams and have three beeee-utiful babies! Way to go me!

5 comments:
I think the only things, and the best, that I could have checked off my after high school 'to do' list would be the hubby and kids! I wanted a bachelors degree, a mission, and a career! LOL...I'm glad it's worked out how it has!! Cute post!
Glad to see everything worked out for you. I noticed that sexy husby was not part of the original plan. Sorry to throw you off.
Yes--way to go!
Life is grand! I am glad that you guys live here too. : )
We look SO young in that Sounding Joy pic. I can't get over it. I have some cute pics of you and Adam somewhere...heh.
That last picture should be the family one you blow up huge on your wall. Hello gorgeous.
Post a Comment