8.09.2011

Gardening

 My very first garden.
 I am so proud.


We didn't plant a lot since I wasn't confident it would turn out at all.
We have zucchini and crook neck squash, tomatoes and strawberries planted.

The first of our harvest.

The kids aren't thrilled with the squashes but I've enjoyed fooling them into eating it by pureeing the squash and mixing it with different sauces.
Kyle likes to eat the little 'maters. I say EAT UP!
If anyone is looking for some veg to go with dinner, come right on over and help yourself!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Woot, woot!! Good for you! I had to fore-go my garden beds this year for a swing set. Next year maybe. I only planted tomatos and one yellow bell pepper plant and they're struggling a little bit. I may get a few tomatos and one bell pepper by the time the fall is up. Congrats, they look beautiful!

Kristen said...

Good job! I didn't have a garden this year, for obvious reasons, and I am so very sad. I may take you up on your offer to come over. 97% to see you and 3% to get in your garden! Miss you!

Cydnee said...

i wish i could help myself to some of those squash--yum!

About Us said...

Don't mind me...I will be over every day!! BTW, that squash was yum-o! I think I ate the whole thing myself...okay, I did! Looking forward to your next harvest! ;)

RaeLynn said...

That looks awesome! Yellow Squash and zucchini are the best anyway (and tomatoes) so you did the best!