2.15.2012

#4

I can't believe I am announcing this but Adam and I are expecting our 4th child at the end of August.  Wow. I feel like I was just pregnant with #3 and really haven't felt quite ready to be pregnant with #4 as well!!  I have never been this nervous for one of my babies.  I'm not sure of the exact reason but it could be that I already have 3 kids or that I know how exhausted I get when I'm pregnant and I'm busier now than I have been with any of my prior pregnancies OR maybe I'm just a big baby.
It only took us one try and it only took a few days before I knew I was pregnant.  I took a pregnancy test about a week before my missed period where it revealed a very faint line indicating a positive result.  Of course I couldn't just leave it a that.  I took a few more tests over the course of a week until I got a nice bold positive. Adam was very excited to hear the news but I was still kind of in denial.  I think I still am a little.
I am in the middle of my 6th week and I'm constantly mildly nauseous and moderately tired.  This is better than the first with my three others but I'm also not naive.  It could all go full bore in the next day.  I hope not! I'm in better shape with this pregnancy than with any of my others so I'll pray that that will make a difference.
Numero quattro... here goes nothin'!

Update:
I wrote the above about 6 weeks ago and what a difference 6 weeks makes! I really was pretty anxious and admittedly not very excited for #4.  Things have changed however.  I had a pretty good 1st trimester, all things considered.  I felt kinda crappy up to about 8 weeks and then things got suddenly better. Like, literally overnight.  So while I haven't felt perfect the entire time, I think I can say that this 1st tri has been my best/easiest.  Also, I am feeling so much more excited about this little baby which I knew would happen sooner or later.  And sure enough, I've relished in the sound of this baby's beautiful beating heart and watching my stomach grow rounder.  Yaaaaaayyyyy. :)

No comments: