I just have to say, I am SO excited for Christmas this year!! I was excited last year because Kyle was 18 months old and I knew that he would grasp it a little more. However, this year, I don't think I've ever anticipated the 25th of December...well the whole month of December so much. Kyle gets so excited when he sees a Christmas tree or anything red and green. Neither Adam or I have made a big deal of it. It's just like the magic of Christmas is just ingrained in him. All Christmas lights, meager or fancy, deserve a big "Whoa!" and a "WOW!" He even has a red winter cap that he has dubbed his "Christmas Hat" (see above photo). I went to Kohl's today and was near the toy dept. when, of course, Kyle got away from me. When I found him, he was on his knees looking at a train set with big, round, blue eyes and then went from toy to toy saying "Ooooooo, I want it, Mommy." (At this age this is cute rather than obnoxious.) It was all I could do NOT to buy him toys to his hearts content. On top of that, this year the magic will be double as now we have two little boys to share it with. Even Noah will appreciate the sparkling lights of the tree.
We haven't started listening to Christmas music yet (Sorry FM 100....). Neither have we put up a speck of red or green decoration because I always want Christmas to be that extra, extra special time of year. I'm itching to dive head first into the season but Thanksgiving, I will never forget you.... :)
We haven't started listening to Christmas music yet (Sorry FM 100....). Neither have we put up a speck of red or green decoration because I always want Christmas to be that extra, extra special time of year. I'm itching to dive head first into the season but Thanksgiving, I will never forget you.... :)
2 comments:
Ahhh, tender. But I am the Queen of Christmas Present...and I declare holiday time the day after Halloween. Not necessarily Christmas time--just Holiday time. :)And Thanksgiving deserves happy holiday music and lights :)
Oh yeah--and I agree that Christmas gets SO MUCH more fun with kidlets. I'm so enjoying watching Cole "wow" his way through all the stores with christmas trees and lights. Can't wait to get our stuff up!
Post a Comment