11.05.2007

Fabulous Chicken Taco Soup

I love this recipe and always get positive feedback when I serve it. Give it a try! Oh and the best part? It's EASY!

6 cups water
6 chicken boullion cubes
4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 teaspoon cumin
1 or 2 tablespoons chili powder
1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup rice
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, undrained
(I add corn sometimes too)
Corn chips
cheese, grated
Cilantro, chopped (I never use this as it is NASTY. :) )
Sour cream
2 limes, quartered

In large pot, bring water to boil; dissolve boullion cubes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cubed chicken, cumin, chili powder, tomatoes, sugar, rice and garbanzo beans, Simmer for about 1 hour. When ready to serve, add remaining ingredients as toppings to individual servings. Makes about 8 servings.
Source: "Essential Mormon Celebrations" cookbook.

8 comments:

Nichole said...

Mmmm that sounds soooo yummy. I like the idea of posting recipies!! Thanks :)

Lindsay Kay said...

Thanks for sharing. Your site is way cute! I can't believe you guys have been married for 5 years! We are hitting 8 in the spring! Crazy!

Nichole said...

BTW - I love your background!!

RaeLynn said...

That's it--stop having a cuter blog than mine--I mean it. You'll regret it...

Erin said...

Oh you think the toilet bowl cleaner is cute, do ya?

Whitneymwall said...

Hey Erin how did you get your cute background?

RaeLynn said...

*with tears in my eyes*, yes, the toilet bowl cleaner is AMAZING.

Nichole said...

BTW...I TAGGED you...go to my blog and read my latest post to understand!! Have fun :)