
...and I am ready for more. This passed weekend we went to Zion National Park to take advantage of Adam's "extended vacation". Christian and Nichole were already headed in that direction so we decided to horn in. (Thanks guys!) When we told Kyle that we were going camping he wouldn't stop asking when we were going to "camp with fire". That seemed to be the only thing he knew of that had to do with camping. Kyle has been a lot of fun because this year he actually knows whats going on and takes it all in. Both boys were awesome hikers. Nichole was pretty awesome herself. She hauled Kyle's 37 lbs up the toughest part of the Emerald Pools hike. What a buff chick! We took advantage of the Emerald Pools (all of it...at least it felt like it), Weeping Rock and Narrows river walk hikes.
Kyle loved seeing all the water falls and the "crying mountain". (Weeping Rock) The highlight of the trip for him was throwing rocks into the river on Narrows hike and the big long car tunnel. (Oh, can things always be this simple?) He wanted to do it over and over again where as Noah... Well, not so much. Every time we went through a tunnel short or long he'd cry. Weird! The boy isn't afraid of the dark! We couldn't help but laugh.
Both boys were completely worn out by the time the trip was over. The day after we got back we went grocery shopping. Kyle loves the car carts so when I didn't hear car engine and beeping sounds I looked in the car to find that Kyle had fallen asleep at the wheel. I know. We seriously need to discuss the dangers of this with him. But he never falls asleep any where but in his bed or car seat. I think he has recovered now and is ready to go camping again and so am I! Memorial weekend can't come fast enough!!
Kyle loved seeing all the water falls and the "crying mountain". (Weeping Rock) The highlight of the trip for him was throwing rocks into the river on Narrows hike and the big long car tunnel. (Oh, can things always be this simple?) He wanted to do it over and over again where as Noah... Well, not so much. Every time we went through a tunnel short or long he'd cry. Weird! The boy isn't afraid of the dark! We couldn't help but laugh.
Both boys were completely worn out by the time the trip was over. The day after we got back we went grocery shopping. Kyle loves the car carts so when I didn't hear car engine and beeping sounds I looked in the car to find that Kyle had fallen asleep at the wheel. I know. We seriously need to discuss the dangers of this with him. But he never falls asleep any where but in his bed or car seat. I think he has recovered now and is ready to go camping again and so am I! Memorial weekend can't come fast enough!!
3 comments:
I love the close up of Noah!! I am excited to go camping with Kyle in July and August!
Hey, were were in Zion last week too. You have some way cute pictures on this blog
You guys amaze me at what you will do with little ones! Good for you and making lifelong memories!
Post a Comment