7.22.2008

Girly Time for Erin


It was rough leaving my two little boys for 3 days but it was worth it for some time without any diapers, whining, crying....okay, there might have been a little of the last two but it was great anyway. I was in desperate need of some girly time with out my babies. So where do I go? Girls camp, of course! We have wonderful YW in our ward and I am seriously not just saying that. We had NONE of the catty nonsense and lots smiles and fun. I am the Personal Progress advisor in my ward and thoroughly enjoy it. Our camp was held at Granite Flat up American Fork Canyon and let me tell you it is gorgeous and 15-20 degrees cooler. I highly recommend it.


We had a really good time and let me tell you, I left that camp feeling younger (I kept being told I was only one step from being a YW myself. Should I take that as a compliment?:) ), more energetic about mommyhood, with a strengthened testimony and greasy hair (no shower for 3 days'll do that to ya) and just a better person. Think I'm exaggerating? You go to girls camp and decide.

4 comments:

Mike and Meg said...

Hey! I'll bet you were a great camp leader!! Don't like it too much or they will make you camp director.

Anderson Family said...

Oh this makes me excited for girls cam even though I am slightly stressed about it!

Lindsay Kay said...

Good for you! Don't you love the younger comments! You do look younger than you are.:)

Cyd said...

I'm glad this was a great getaway for you and not a "have too" do it type trip. Its been a long time since I've worked in YWs and this makes me want to do it again.