11.13.2008

Time to print....

my BLOG! I am now at the 75 post mark and this baby needs to go hard copy PRONTO! This is the main reason I am even doing a blog- no, not for you, silly! :)
SO I need your help. I have researched a few ways to print my blog and some of them seem difficult (i.e. editing HTML) or not quite what I'm looking for (i.e. having it professionally bound into a book) What have ya'll done? Or are you lazy like me and haven't done anything? My preference would be to just print it off on my printer and then put it into a binder (I already have a yearly picture book professionally bound) but I don't want all the extra stuff from the side of my blog on the print out. Understand? Anyhoo, any and all suggestions are welcome....please!

9 comments:

The Bronson Bunch said...

I would like to know what you do! I want to get mine in a hard copy form too! Let me know!

Kerri said...

Oh you two. What you need is called booksmart. You can download it at www.blurb.com. It will upload your blog, and you can format it anyway you want. Also, you can choose hardback, soft back, size of book , and alot of other options. I have already used it once and love it. I will do this again when I print my baby blog.
Let me know what you think.

Kerri said...

Scratch my previous comment. I just learned that Blogger and Booksmart are no longer compatible. Now I am not sure what I am going to do. You can always copy and post bits of your blog to booksmart, but it will no longer upload it for you.

Unknown said...

I have been wondering the same thing. My sisters have wondered too, I will see if they ever figured out anything. :-)

RaeLynn said...

Dang! My idea was also Blurb. There has GOT to be something similar to it. Let me check my secret sources :)

P Crowd said...

oooh I would like to know too!! I just don't have the time to scrap book or the money for that matter!!

Unknown said...

OK so I just found something!!! I searched and found this tutorial that helps you add script to the html that enables printing capability. I did it and it Works, it is a back document but no sidebars, profile or other extraneous information on it. Here is the link http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/05/how-to-print-your-blogger-posts.html

Nichole said...

I have copied and pasted all of my posts onto Microsoft Word. You will have to let me know if you find something and how much it costs. I am thinking that I won't mind spending $60 on ink to print my own out from Microsoft and put it in a nice binder but if it costs less than that to have it professionally done then I am all for that! Good Luck!

The Caldwells said...

I don't know if you will find this, but do a google search for blog-2-print. That's what we used.