1.02.2009

Holiday Highlights

...er...2009...


We had a great time this holiday season. So many opportunities to see friends and family. Here are some of things that made this season memorable...

Christmas lights at Temple Square- a total MUST!

Just a darn cute pic I HAD to sneak in. :)


Adam's little birthday celebration. It took place after he got home from skiing which is the reason he might look less than thrilled. The looks on Noah and Kyle's faces make up for it though. :)
Kyle decorated this particular cupcake and I think he did an adorable job.



Two of the the 3 wise men.

Wise men delivering gifts to neighbors

We did an FHE on the 3 Wise Men and told Kyle that this is where giving gifts during Christmas comes from. When we told him that we were going to take gifts to our neighbors that night, he took it all to a whole new level. He ran and grabbed his super-hero cape and asked that I make him a crown to wear and then insisted on going to every door as one of the Wise Men to deliver the goodies. Daddy and Noah got in on it too. Now one of Kyle's favorite Christmas carols is "We Three Kings". This just may have to be a new Christmas tradition.


Christmas Eve Pj's



Kyle and Noah really enjoyed opening Christmas presents.



Cheryl, this one is just for you...

Santa in the flesh.


Grandma Norma


Ellsworth trying to figure out what Cheryl got him for Christmas. In case you're wondering, it was a headlamp.


Kyle LOVED seeing all his cousins from out of town.

This post is getting much too long and yet I haven't added pictures from all the family Christmas parties on both sides, the amazing MoTab concert we attended, Ethan and Amy's engagement party, the party for deaf children at the deaf center, my grandfather's funeral...but alas I must stop. So many memories, so little time to blog them.


Happy New Year everyone!


7 comments:

The Bronson Bunch said...

It looks like you had a good holiday! I think it is so adorable that your boys had to be the 3 wisemen! How sweet is that!?!?!

Cyd said...

Holy cow those cupcakes look like they are on fire! I was thinking what a cute idea you had for the 3 wisemen to take your neighbor gifts out and then I read that it was Kyle's idea--SO CUTE! You definitely need to keep that tradition going as created by Kyle.

Brianna said...

Your kids are so dang cute...

How did the party for the deaf children go? Was your mom able to get some donations?

Lindsay Kay said...

Adorable idea Noah! I love it when kids take something that you teach them and make it their own! You must continue each year - I'm sure the neighbors loved it too!:)

RaeLynn said...

What a great update! I canNOT handle how big Kyle is. He looks like he's older than he is. He seriously looks 6 to me! I can't wait for more updates and pictures!

Anonymous said...

I think the 3 wise men is a tradition you should keep. How clever of Kyle to come up with the idea.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I made it on your blog! That picture makes me look like I have one really giant foot.

Those boys are so sweet!! The three wise men bearing gifts would be welcome at my house any time. Way to go Kyle!