My feelings are nothing new and have plagued many a mommy before me.
I have recently felt the anxiety that many mommy's feel when they realize that their baby won't be a baby forever. i.e. Kyle has taken a liking to Winnie the Pooh and therefore goes around the house singing "Winnie the Pooh" to himself. This is an everyday occurrence. However, yesterday as he was singing it the unfortunate thought occurred to me, "Before you know it "Winnie the Pooh" will be gone only to be replaced by 'Winnie' the girl. And various other scary things.
As much as I dislike these rude interruptions of thought in my life, I am also thankful for them. I am given the opportunity to re-focus my priorities and what is truly important. Facebook can wait. Dusting can wait. (It always does.) Even my blog can wait. But my growing baby boys will not. Listening to Noah sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and the ABC's verbatim or watching Kyle develop a new passion for puzzles. These years are but a flash. I don't want to take them for granted. My boys are so sweet. I hope they both ALWAYS know how much their Mommy loves them.
3 comments:
I hate the feeling that our kids are getting so big. I look at your pictures and can't believe how much your boys have grown. Time is so precious.
Thanks for the reminder
Awwww make me cry!!
Post a Comment