6.29.2009

Father's Day Surprise




I decided that since Father's Day was right around the corner, I would take the opportunity and save my wonderful news to surprise Adam. I found out that I was preggers on Tuesday meaning I had to wait until SUNDAY to tell Adam.




I did it! And it was so worth it. I counted on his cluelessness to make this work and boy was he. He never asked me any questions about "Aunt Flo" or anything else. Hello! Wouldn't YOU be a little curious? Ah well. It worked perfectly in my plan.

I gave him a new smaller wallet (he hated his bulky one) and a gift certificate to a golf course (with Christian, Von and my Dad). Tucked in the back was my pee stick. He didn't even know what it was when he saw it. (See what I mean? Clueless. :) When he FINALLY figured it out the look on his face was priceless.

Now if I can just keep it secret from everyone else for another 7 weeks...

13 comments:

Brandi said...

Congratulations, Erin!!!! What a fun surprise for Father's Day! I'd have a hard time keeping David in the dark for that long. Way to go!

How are you feeling?

kam said...

Congratulations Erin!!! That is fantastic news! What a creative way to share the news- you clever gal!!!

Scott, Melissa, Ethan and Emma said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you and your family! That would make you due about the end of Feb., right? Congrats!

Cyd said...

Yeah! I really hope you have a girl not just because you have two boys but more because that's what I'm having and they will only be 3 months apart.

Mollie Sekikawa said...

Congrats! If you ever ask yourself in the future..."When exactly did I loose control?" Know that is was the minute the children outnumbered the adults! Good Luck!!!

Kerri said...

You are a stinker. We were just talking about this on Thursday at B's.
Congratulations. I am so excited.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Erin!! That is awesome!!

Anderson Family said...

Ha, I love that you cut the pee part off! Congrats! I can't wait to see what you make next!

BTW- It is not showing you updated on my blog. I don't get why.....

RaeLynn said...

WOW. You had to have been pregnant when I hung out with you last. I am IMPRESSED that you kept it hidden so well. Seriously...good job. There is NO WAY I would have been able to keep it from Danny. You are a rock.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so excited for you.

Whitneymwall said...

YAYYY- ha ha I knew it! YOu're good! Congrats! When are you due?

Erin said...

I'm due at the end February- the
23rd to be "exact".

Alicia said...

Congrats! That was my due date with Sam! How are you feeling? Any hunches on gender? I think you are such a great boy mom, you just seem the type! But how fun to bring a girl into the bunch too!

Mike and Meg said...

That is great. I am so excited for you. Will you find out what it is?