11.12.2009



"Scooby, Scooby Doo! Where are you?"

When we moved in to our current home there was a room that was all decked out in huge, painted Scooby Doo characters, scary monsters and even the famous hippie Mystery Machine van. I remember thinking, "This is kind of a weird room for young kids." Apparently, I had no idea how popular it still was.

I find it so funny that my little boys have taken a liking...or loving... to one of MY old favorites. I never would have thought 25 years ago that I would still be watching this silly show with my own kids? Heck, the show came out before I was even born! In dog years, "Skooey, Skooey Goo" (as he is affectionately referred to by Noah) is 280 years old!

Now Adam and I laugh saying we should never have painted over poor Scoob.

5 comments:

Anderson Family said...

That is funny! My kids love Scooby Doo too!

Cyd said...

My kids only know who Scooby is because of your kids. That is really funny that you painted over the dog and his friends.

Unknown said...

My neices and nephews love scooby doo too!! They would love a room with them painted on the wall!!

Brianna said...

That sucks! They probably would have loved it! And felt like they had a unique cool room...YOU LOSER OF A MOTHER!!! HAHHAAHAHAHA JK Love ya

Nichole said...

I remember that room...It was UGLAY!! I have never liked Scooby Doo...it's too scary for me ;) I'm a wuss though!!