9.04.2010

Uppidy date

We have had quite an eventful past couple of weeks so I thought I'd share.


...Noah, in Kyle's words, is now a certified member of the "Big Boy Club".
We really worried he would be a hard one to potty train since he has a bladder of steal and would hold pee all night and most of the day. I always said we just needed to get him to go pee pee once in the toilet. I was right. One day I put him on the toilet and just sat with him for about 45 minutes and until he couldn't hold it for another second. When he went he was SO proud of himself. His prize was popcorn, chocolate milk and watch Toy Story (His idea) and we also bought Zurg from Toy Story. This started about 3 weeks ago and he is going by himself and getting better everyday! Hallelujah!





...My sweet little, big man started Kindergarten last week. Adam and I both took him on the first day. I was thinking I was doing really well until the bell rang. Then true Pavlovic form, the tears burst out. And because Kyle was all gungho, when I looked up from my little pity party, he was already half way through the door and on to his new little life sans Mommy. I always dreaded this as to me it meant the beginning of letting go- cutting the apron strings. Next year he will be in school all day and spend it most of it WITHOUT me.
I am happy though because he was and is excited to go every day and is already doing us proud by earning an award for being {basically} nice boy of the month. Kyle is such a smart kid. Despite my anxieties I am so looking forward to watching him on this journey.


...Megan is enjoying a life of "solids". We started her on baby food this month and although she enjoys her outmeal and squash she would much rather have pizza, cake or anything Mommy and Daddy are eating. She is also beginning to sit up a little on her own.
We took her in for her 6 month check up only to find out that she had her first ear infection. Oh joy.

3 comments:

RaeLynn said...

Awwww, that makes me choked up just to read that. I haven't had to deal with anything too emotional because I've been Cole at school all of last year! Now he'll be down at the other end of the hall and I can't spy on him! Dangit! It's weird because when I have a day off, I will literally be alone because Cole's Kindergarten is full day. I'm going to be lonely and this is turning into my OWN blog entry. HEH. BYE.

Cyd said...

I've been waiting to see Ky Ky on his first day. Will was excited to see Kyle as well. Congrats to Noah and to Megan too!

About Us said...

So cute! Kyle is so cute every morning when I pick him up. He is a chatter box, when my son is almost a mute! But, he entertains me...as did Noah in the nursery last Sunday.