2.11.2011

Love.

“Parents, remember that now is your opportunity.
You may feel yourself harassed as you struggle through the days with children,
but you are living the happiest and most golden years of your life.
As you tuck them into their beds at night, please be kind to them.
Let them hear a kind voice amid all the angry, vile voices that they
will hear throughout life.
Let there be an anchor to which these little ones can turn when all else fails.
The Lord help you do so…”
~Harold B. Lee



I love this quote so much.
This is what I strive for every day.
I am not perfect yet I continue to try.
It's that important.
I love my babies.

{Oh and do you think "harassed" is a strong enough word? :}


{Note: There is no picture of my baby girl because I am not so desperate that I would risk waking a baby that sleeps like a feather.}

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing that. Love it.

Mike and Meg said...

I love that. I need to put that up in my house.

Brianna said...

I need to post that on my fridge...seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandi said...

Thank you for the reminder, Erin. I have to share that quote too. It's too good not to.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the reminder. I will be printing this to be hung in my home...I mean...I am always patient. Ü

Anonymous said...

Wow! I needed to hear that today! THANKS FOR SHARING! I am gonna steal it!

The Bronson Bunch said...

Love that quote. Is it bad it made me feel guilty?! I put my kids to bed when I'm ornery way too often. I need to post that saying somewhere so I can do better!
Your boy's look like ANGELS while they sleep!!