After checking out of our beautiful Tahoe condo this morning we drove to the nearest LDS chapel in South Lake. Unfortunately, I forgot a skirt. I had remembered to pack my kids some dress clothes but, of course not for myself. Aw well, I'm sure the members are used to slacker tourists like me.
After hearing some good talks about pioneers, it being the Pioneer day and all, we began our 4 hour trek to Windsor. We wanted to break up the trip by stopping in Sacramento. So after a beautiful drive through the El Dorado forest we were all ready for lunch. Not being comfortable with any of parks we drove by, we decided to pull up a patch of grass at the state library and near the state Capitol building and have some lunch.
The California Railroad Museum was next of our list. What a cool place this was. There were 23 real trains and lots of displays to catch the eye. Our boys really enjoyed it except when they got spooked by the mannequins in the sleeper car. Silly boys. Adam marveled at the fact that they had a train suspended from the ceiling. How DID they do that??
I so enjoy going to church while out of town. It feels...nice.
Church in jeans... not so nice.
Standing on a stump always makes a great picture opportunity.
Our makeshift picnic spot near the Sacramento library.

Old town Sacramento
We didn't really do anything here but the museum. However, it looks cool...

If you are ever in Sacramento, stop HERE.
Our awesome traveling companions. (My sister and her family)
Us
This museum was pretty dang sweet and the kids loved it.

Yeah, these guys are not real but they totally gave Kyle and Noah the heebee geegees.
They were afraid of walking through these trains for fear they'd come across another spooky mannequin.
So funny.
Personally, I thought it was VERY interesting to see what some the passenger trains were like back in the day. It made me want to take a train ride.

Yeah, these guys are not real but they totally gave Kyle and Noah the heebee geegees.
They were afraid of walking through these trains for fear they'd come across another spooky mannequin.
So funny.
Personally, I thought it was VERY interesting to see what some the passenger trains were like back in the day. It made me want to take a train ride.
They even have trains you can PLAY with.
Adam and Noah. It was fun to get to explore inside many of the trains.
Kyle and Mommy.
After a great time at the train museum and another lovely drive, this time through
BEAUTIFUL
Napa and Sonoma Valleys
(I wish we would have stopped for some pictures),
we made it to Windsor in time for bed. We've got a big day tomorrow! San Francisco!











2 comments:
You're post looks nice in its lay out and I like how you were able to get above the top picture to write a big paragraph.
You rebel in blue jeans! I love it! My boys would LOVE those trains!
Post a Comment