This post is the beginning of our adventure to Northern California. Enjoy!
This trip has been a year in the making and we were anxious! SO we decided to leave a day early and get goin'. I mean Battle Mountain in all her glory was awaiting! (This is where we decided to stay for just one night (fortunately) in an effort to break up our nine hour drive to Lake Tahoe.) The kids' excitement was hard to resist so that even I was excited when we reached our super Super 8 hotel.
We got up bright and early Saturday morning and after a lovely continental breakfast were on the road by about 8:30am. Now to finish our trek to Tahoe and meet up with my sister and her family.
The kids were awesome during the ride down which made the drive easy and enjoyable.
We finally made it at about 1:00pm and went straight to the lake to look for my sister. It was super crowded with it being the middle of July and a Saturday but it was very nice weather and not too hot.
Tahoe is a beautiful lake. I wish we could have spent a little more time there.
Lunch.
(Where are Cyd and Eric??? Little did we know they were mere FEET away. )
(Where are Cyd and Eric??? Little did we know they were mere FEET away. )
Baby girls enjoying the sunshine and sand.
Megan REALLY enjoys the sand.
I think she may have been in her own little heaven.
Reagan and Noah. Cute little buddies.
Kyle and Adam got to go on a boat ride with Eric and Will on Eric's friend's boat.
Lucky ducks.
Megan piling sand in Adam's hands.
Hey, they're the next best thing to a bucket which we stupidly did not posses...at a lake...where there's lots of sand...and a sand obsessed baby.
Stupid, stupid.
It was not long after this picture was taken that we realized with great dread that we had left our camera at home. These pictures were taken with my iPhone and are not as great a quality. I must say that although I asked Adam before we left if he had packed the camera and his exact answer had been "Yes, its in the glove compartment" and even though it was all his fault, I did not once yell at him and kept my composure.
I'm such a good wifey. (Grrrrr....)
So the person behind many of these pictures is Cyd or Eric and we appreciate them keeping our poor family in mind whilst taking pictures of their own.
So in the aftermath of our shock we did not take pictures of the rest of the evenings events.
We checked in at the condo at Zephyr Cove and swam and ate really good pizza from Luigi's. It was just a nice chilled evening. I'm glad we had that chance to relax because it was just about the last time we did!!









2 comments:
You need to add a beach to your backyard for Meg's sake! I can't wait to see the rest of your trip...I'm sure it will make me want to take a vacation!
It looks like you guys had tons of fun! It's so cute how your kiddos love their cousins so much! I really need a vacation!
Post a Comment