
Forgot all about ol' Johnny did ya? Well, here at the Shiflett home he is alive and well. I have always been a big John Stockton and still must be because my 3 year old has started singing an old tribute to him. There is a song by Robert Lund called "Basketball John" and if you are any sort of fan you will know which song I am referring to. Anyhoo, the other day Kyle in his sweet monotone way starts singing "Basketball John, Basketball John, Basketball John..." over and over. Well, after only a few moments Adam and I realize that he is singing, well, "Basketball John". Adam and I have always sung that song randomly whenever and where ever but we never realized that Kyle had picked it up and that we sang it so dang often. The funny thing here is that Kyle RARELY sings and if he does it is "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and that is it. So we were thrown a little off guard when he started singing this old favorite. I guess it helps that the kid is a bit of a sport nut so any song about basketball must be worth singing. We miss you, John.
2 comments:
I totally know what you are referring to! As I read the title I sang the song at the same time. Hilarious!
That is SO very cute! I always loved that sang and it does make you think about the old Jazz days when John played for the team.
Post a Comment