My first born is a whopping 3 years old today. He has been patiently anticipating this day for a long time as have I. However, now that the presents have been opened, the candles have been blown out, and my baby is in bed, I am left feeling exhausted, nostalgic and sentimental. At the risk of sounding trite I ask, where has the time gone? In just a matter of three years, Kyle has gone from the tiny guy you see above to a great big, little man that walks and talks, has a passion for fruit snacks, pushes my buttons with great zeal, says the alphabet, sings "Twinkle Star", tells me he loves me, has a little brother, loves the color red, knows how to operate a mouse, uses the potty, knows how to put on his own shoes, doesn't dislike his daddy anymore :) and in fact loves him, wants world peace...I could just go on. Just THREE years I tell you. What are the next three going to bring? Sheesh! I love my boy. I just wish he would chill out on the getting big stuff. ***I would love it if you all would share anything about Kyle that comes to mind- memories, things you love about him (I'm sure there are many), whatever. I expect all you flies on the wall to contribute as well! It'll be fun for Kyle to read them when he gets older. (Use "anonymous" if you aren't registered.)
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Kyle! I hope he had a great day. Cute pic of him and Woody :) That show will never get old. It better not, anyway. Easy on your boys having birthdays so close together.
I hope all is well at the Shiflett House :)
Holy cow, I cant believe he is three. He has grown so fast. I dont get to see him much, but he is a cute little boy. Happy Birthday Kyle!
Seriously, looking at these pics made my heart melt. Kyle is one of the main reasons I was ok with letting Coleman get bigger. (I know he will still be cute, even if he gets big)
My fav things about Kyle:
He will always kiss me even if he doesn't want to.
His tender heart.
His hair and skin matching.
When he was born, I loved that he was ALL blue eyes
I love how much he loves his cousins
The way he runs.
Him in a pink shirt and no pants (He would make a pretty girl)
The way he pushed Erin's buttons. (He was perfect for so long it was entertaining to watch Erin get irritaited with him)
I love my SHIFFERS!
Those pics are PRICLESS!! My favorites are the snuggling Woody one (SOOO CUTE!) and the picture in the corner where he is a baby and snuggling Adam's face..is that not the sweetest picture ever!!?? You need to blow that one up and put it in his room!
Oh I love this post!! Kyle is such a sweet little boy.
A few memories of Kyle:
I remember the first time I saw Kyle sign eat/food. It might have been his first time. It was in the basement of your parents basement and we had yummy food and he would sign eat every time he wanted more! It was really sweet because he was so small.
Then of course there was the time when we watched him for a weekend when he was 9 months. He was constantly searching for you guys. He was such a momma's boy!! He was very clingy to me that weekend and then when you guys came home he didn't want his mommy but boy was he excited to see his dad!!
Hey we are changing our blog to private, can you send me your email? Aubreylynn@juno.com
You have the cutest boys. Time to add a baby girl to the mix don't you think?
Will has really enjoyed looking at your family blog tonight. UNFORTUNATELY, now he wants to "go to Kyle's house". For some reason, that is making me teary-eyed. Will says the reason he likes Kyle is his toys (sounds bad but we all know he just means that Kyle is a fun guy). Taylor says "When Will plays with him, I play with him. That's what I like about Kyle." Aunt Cee Cee likes the fact that he just seems and is so innocent and angelic. I can't wait until he can come and hang out with us!
Post a Comment