7.23.2008

Kodachrome Part II



We went to Kodachrome for the second time this summer but it was a totally unique experience both times. We had close to 100 degree temps this time around and we were with my family for the Coggle Family Reunion. It was a lot of fun despite the heat. In the middle of the day during the extreme heat we would make sure we were doing a slot canyon or go to Tropic for ice cream and a little AC. Its been years since I had been to Southern Utah in the middle of the summer. Phew!

The Coggle reunion was not the only reunion that occurred. The Kyle and Will reunion was one the highlights of the trip. The two "best friends ever" haven't seen each other since the Schroeder's moved 6 weeks ago. They were so happy to see each other and even sadder to say goodbye. (Will cried while reaching out to Kyle. Isn't that just sad and tender?) They had a blast while it lasted and are anxious for their next visit in September.


I made my very first dutch oven dinner- potatoes with bacon and mushrooms. As you can see Noah thuroughly enjoyed. It turned out pretty well. I think I'll give it another try but not when its 95 degrees outside. The heat and burning charcoals just do not mix. *pant, pant*
Anyone up for coming with me to make it a 3rd trip down to
Kodachrome? It might be some kind of record.

5 comments:

Brianna said...

OOOOHH!!!! Poor Kyle and Will!! How sad for them =(

How do you get your pictures strategically placed throughout your post~~??

Cyd said...

Oh...I wish we could just fly Will and Kyle back and forth once a month or something. I really need to find the boy some friends down here in LV. I really need to find me some friends down here in LV! :) Cute pictures by the way.

Erin said...

The pictures are not that strategically placed. I just used the "none" picture setting and plopped them where I wanted them...well it wasn't that easy. I just kept moving them until I was sort of happy.

Mike and Meg said...

Erin,
I'll bet you were glad you didn't have Noah on your back since it was so hot! Aren't family reunions fun!

Warners said...

Thanks for the picture tip. I have been wondering that myself