4.06.2011

Disneyland



Its been a whole 2 1/2 years since our last Disneyland trip and we had a flight voucher burning a hole in our pockets. Vacation time!
Come with me on a magical (sure, why not...:) journey...

We started out trip out on the Megan's first birthday.  
This was very appropriate since this trip Megan would experience a lot of firsts.
We were fortunate to be able to fly and take the kids on their first airplane ride.  Flying to California was great place to go since it is only an hour and a half ride.  Not sure my own nerves could have handled more...
We flew into Long Beach Airport which was kind of a funny experience.  The place is teensy! You even have to walk out to your plane to board. It was really nice though because having a bunch of little kids it was nice not to have to walk a mile to get to the car rental place.

Kyle was nervous for his first flight but did really well.
 He was afraid of how fast the plane would go.


Noah wasn't nervous at all.
He even exclaimed "Weeeeeeeeee! Let's do that again!" when we hit some turbulence.
I wish I had felt the same way...


day{ONE}
This was to be our chill out and relax day. We started it out by attending the Anaheim 4th ward not far from our hotel.  Its always nice to go to church away from home and see that things are pretty much the same. {Except for the outdoor nursery that I was very envious of.}
We decided that since it was Sunday, a trip to the Newport Temple was in order.  Its a beautiful temple with a Spanish mission style.
This boy is so sweet. Just look at him.

Shiflett family in front of the Newport temple
The Schroeder family also in front of the Newport Temple.
(Notice that you can actually SEE the temple... :)
It was fun to hang out with my sister and her family that we don't see too often.


I'm sure Kyle would especially concur. :)


The Beach

As you can see, we had some pretty gorgeous weather.
                                                                       

Cute kiddies in Newport out on a pier.
Of course we had to check out the beach.
Kyle in particular LOVED it.  He loved collecting seashells
and couldn't stop long enough to pose for a picture.
{see picture above}


Baby girl enjoying the big king size bed at the hotel.

day{TWO}

We decided to do California Adventure first since it worked out better with our plans to see World of Color and do the early entry at Disneyland.
There was a lot of construction going on. Some of the construction belonged to the much anticipated Cars-land.  WE much anticipate!



Yay for Woody! We didn't see him at all last time we went to Disneyland but we saw him a few times this time 'round.


Just a bunch cool dudes and dudettes getting ready to ride.


I loved seeing the excitement on the kids' faces.  Disneyland is SO much better when you have kids...better than when I was a kid even.
The Woody ride wait being about 30 minutes was probably one of the longest waits but according to the boys it was well worth it.

Noah was big enough this time to go on most of the rides.  When we went last time, Kyle was just barely 40 inches.  He's gotten big in 2.5 years

Megan really enjoyed herself and was a very good girl, better than her brothers even. :)



Note the fear on both these boys faces. 
We were getting ready to go on the Tower of Terror, a decision I regretted for the rest of the trip...
Poor boy was quivering through out the entire ride.  
After going on this ride, Kyle couldn't even bear to look at it from a distance, especially at night. 
 Unfortunately, this ride is very tall.  Adam and I spent a lot of time trying to distract Kyle from catching an accidental glimpse.






Will was super excited to go this ride...before he saw it in real life, that is. :)


Megan and I with two of  the Schroeder girls, Reagan and Taylor.











We tried something at California Adventure that we never had before and
it turned out fun, of course.  We did the Animation Academy where they taught us to draw Daisy Duck.  What do you think?

We also go to see World of Color and despite having very tired kids and major crowds, 
it was really cool experience.

day{THREE}
First day at Disneyland!

The lines were amazingly short. I've never seen shorter.  Most of the rides were no more than 15 minutes and many were much shorter. Noah has an impatience streak ("It's taking long!") so this was a good thing for him.  Along with the awesome 68 degree weather, we chose a great time to go.

The Tower comes back to haunt Kyle as we board the Pirates of Caribbean ride.   EVERYTHING was scary to him.
Sweet brothers...usually.


NEMO!

As we were wandering through Tomorrow Land we happened upon a Jedi training session.  Kyle was glued to it. We couldn't get him to leave.  So now we had to try to get him in on the action.  When we came back for the next session, lucky for us, he was chosen by the Jedi Master to train.  (Noah tried his darndest to get noticed but after a second glance by the master he got passed up :(
Kyle got to wear a Jedi costume and train with a light saber and ultimately fight Darth Maal. It was a fun expereince for him but I think Adam and I were having even more fun watching him.

Baby Minnie. 


These are the hats the boys chose.  We thought Kyle's choice was kind of funny but dang, he looked so cute! Because he stood out, he got chosen to ask Crush a question during "Turtle Talk". ( Crush called him "Kahuna Kyle" :)


Megan was really good to take a nap when she needed it.


Small World- Megan's favorite ride.  Every time I go to Disneyland this ride is closed so it was really fun to go on again and then to see how much Megan loved it (especially since I remember being scared of it when I was 3 or 4 years old)
I see more than one Goofy in this picture. :)
Kyle and Noah bidding Disneyland a fond farewell by giving this poor knight a good goosing...

This was our last ride before leaving.  Noah really enjoyed this ride and riding with his  Daddy, while Kyle generally preferred Will and sometimes, me.


We look forward to our next trip. 

Some side notes:Both the boys really enjoyed Buzz Lightyear ride (we rode it probably 6 times), Soaring Over California, rapids, Woody ride, Toon Town, Bug's Life rides.
We tried the Haunted House with Noah (Kyle flat out refused) but after just making it into the parlor, we left after Noah's shrieking rivaled that of the ghosts. Thunder Mountain didn't go over too well either but both boys toughed it out.


We went home the next day but didn't have to be to the airport until about 3pm. SO we hung out at the Garden Walk outdoor mall and got lunch a Johnny Rockets.

10 comments:

Mike Ryan said...

Looks like so much fun! Mike was just looking at the computer and said what cute kids. He wanted to know who you they belonged to. I guess that means we need to get a play date going. He, he. Glad you guys had a good time.

RaeLynn said...

Now I'm even MORE excited for our trip! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!

amrust said...

How ADORABLE!!!!! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I can't wait until it's our turn with Adelaide!

Bonnie said...

Yay, it looks like so much fun! Makes me want to go right now! I agree with you-I had fun when I was a kid, but it's SO MUCH MORE FUN with kids. I love seeing that excitement in their eyes.

Cydnee said...

Yay for Disneyland pics. You had a bunch of great ones too. I laughed hard at the "goosing" picture.

Andrea said...

Fun fun fun!!! How nice that the weather cooperated and that your kids enjoyed it so much (minus the terror!). Can't wait until my crew is big enough to go and enjoy it!

About Us said...

I am looking forward when I will get to take my kiddies there! I am so glad you had such a great time!

Metric Wrench said...

Disneyland is more fun for parents with kids than it is for the kids.

Anderson Family said...

It makes me miss Disneyland! My 2 fav pics: 3-d glasses and the goosing pic. I love that Megs is wearing her princess sweatshirt!

The Bronson Bunch said...

I can't wait until next year when we are planning to take our kids!!! There are SO many things I haven't seen that you showed on here. I'm glad that you had fun! Kyle's sad face in the Pirate's ride is CLASSIC! So sweet yet funny!