I finally got to "cash in" on my Valentine's gift from my hubby. "Beginning Salsa Dance". Boy, is that an understatement. Me and my man went to our first class on Monday night nervous as to what we would find. We shouldn't have been. The class was full of couples like us looking to add a little spice to their lives, single men and women looking to add to their date-ability... I guess. We were having a good time learning the basics, enjoying each others company, laughing at ourselves and feeling good that we had a permanent dancing partn- "Time to switch partners!" interrupts the dancing instructor. I got to spend the last half of the class dancing with men I'd never met and quite honestly didn't care to meet and feeling embarassed because I kept trying to "lead" the guy I was dancing with. At one point I danced with a guy more than head shorter than me. I kept wondering if he was looking at his feet or the blue and green stripes on the FRONT of my shirt. Ho hum. It really wasn't WAY bad but I wasn't thrilled to be spending the romantic Valentines present from my husband awkwardly dancing with OTHER men. Hence the sarcasm of this post's title....
P.S. I really am looking forward to the rest of the classes because the time I do get to dance with my husband is a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to going salsa dancing and having him all to myself when we are done with the class. No, I'm not possessive!
4 comments:
You should come to aerobics on wed's at 9am this lady has been coming and teaching aerobics salsa style! It's really fun and you could practice your latin dance skills. I just take Lily in her stroller and she watches while Maddie runs around and gets tired.
Oh I would love to take salsa lessons but I would absolutely HATE to dance with other guys and to see Christian dancing with other girls...If I were you I would ask the instructor if you could stay together the whole time. He/Her would have to understand that you are married and don't want to dance with other people. But it sounds like you had a lot of fun...especially when you got to be with Adam. Lucky you!!
more than a head shorter than you... that sucks. I'm with you on just dancing with my hubby... it's kinda creepy otherwise :)
great idea for a gift... he did good!
Erin!!!!! It's so good to hear from you! Your family is absolutely adroable and it is so good to be able to see an update this way! Hope you are well! Where are you guys living? Without a target or Walmart too close, I'm assuming you're not in Utah, but I might be wrong! Anyway, your boys are so cute! Have a great day!
Post a Comment