5.02.2011

Uppidy Date


...The boys went to a friends birthday party (James H.) this past weekend. It was pirate inspired and the boys were in heaven.  They love anything pirate.  We were going to do a pirate bday party for Noah in a month but now that seems anticlimactic so its back to the drawing board...

...Adam and I went and saw a play ("A Monster in My Closet") with Anna, Rachel and Olivia.  It was a cute and fun to watch especially since Olivia had a lead roll.  She was totally typed cast as a tom boy.

...I got to go volunteer in Kyle's class for their Spring party. Its always fun to see Kyle do his thing and see what he's up to when I'm not around. (I discovered that Kyle was sitting by himself for talking too much. It made me feel bad but it didn't seem to bother him!)

...After a record wet spring and too much snow, we are finally getting some beautiful sunshine. I am just praying it sticks around for a while!

...Megan turned 14 months on the 26th of April and is still crawling. It looks like she will following in her lazy brothers footsteps. ;) (Kyle didn't walk until 16 months. Noah was 15 months.)

...Lots of interesting things in the news this past weekend.  First and my favorite: Prince William and Kate Middleton were married.  Obviously since I have connections to England through my mission, I was very interested to watch. But there is also the romantic side of me that just loved seeing this commoner girl become a princess and the Duchess of Cambridge and one day the Queen of England! While I couldn't pull myself out of bed at 4AM to watch it all I was glued to the highlights all day long.  I'm a sucker for weddings and this one was no exception.


...After almost 10 years since 9-11, Osama Bin Laden was killed by a US missile. Wow. There is a lot celebrating going on around the US.  I am relieved that he is gone and dead. I think I'll leave it at that.

2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Kyle sitting by himself makes me sad too! Ha!

Cydnee said...

I wished I had seen some of the highlights of the royal wedding but we were hiking that day.