9.17.2012

Introducing! Tommy the Dog!

{Old draft}
Early 2008
So I've never formally introduced my dog and since he has had a pretty traumatizing experience recently (neutered, poor baby.) and is a big part of our family, I thought he deserved some attention on the family blog.
Tommy is a full bred Golden Retriever *Ooooo! Ahhhh!* and will be 3 years old on June 10th. We got him when he was a couple of months old and was about as sweet a puppy as you could ever want but I, uh, didn't like him. (Am I just so evil?) He required SO much attention and training that it took away from my other human 2 month baby boy. However, after lots of training ("No, Kyle's stuffed bear canNOT be your bed buddy!") and getting used to one another Tommy and I are now good friends. We have come a looooooong way in the last three years. He has become a wonderful, excited, loving, potty-trained, semi-obedient, lap dog wanna-be, walk lover (calm down, Tom), vacuum/mop, 90 lb., foot warmer of a man or woman's best friend.

No comments: