9.17.2012

Noah's First Day of Kindergarten



Oh my. I have had so much anxiety about my littlest man starting school.  I took him out of pre-school in Feb. because I didn't think it was doing him much good AND I didn't want to fork over $65/month for something I wasn't happy with. He just wasn't that into it socially or academically and I felt like his teacher wasn't into it. So leading up to Kindergarten I was a bit of nervous that he still wouldn't like it.  Noah could barely write his name and was still working on learning to identify letters. On top of this, he didn't really seem very keen to go to school.  It didn't help my anxiety being so pregnant during the start of it all.  
Well, I'm happy to report that as school approached, I actually started looking forward to his starting school and all the great opportunities it would afford him. It helped that Noah was starting to look forward to it as well.  
Since he began there have been no complaints from him at all and he really seems to be enjoying it.  He is in morning Kindergarten and has Mrs. Hedin.  I worried about putting him in A.M. because the kid is a sleeper but again he does done really well. (I know. I'm a worry wart...)
Noah is doing well in school and seems to have stepped up to the challenge.  In the two weeks since he started I've already seen improvements in his handwriting and other abilities.  His teacher says he is a very good boy. No surprise here.  I love my Noah and hate that he is growing up but I love watching him grow...I know. It makes no sense. Anyone that has ever sent a Kindergartner to school knows exactly what I'm saying.
















3 comments:

Cydnee said...

That first picture of Noah is priceless!

Brianna said...

I LOVE that first picture LOL!

Erin said...

I chose that picture because it is a typical Noah expression. :) I love it too.